Infovox iVox discontinued
After a long talk and much thought, AssistiveWare (owner of ConvenienceWare) and Acapela Group have decided to discontinue development of Infovox iVox due to a shrinking user base and increasing development and support costs.
To make this change as easy as possible, here are the details you need to know:
- You can purchase additional voice credits until 31 December 2020.
- Remaining voice credits can be used to activate voices until 31 August 2021.
- Infovox iVox version 4.6 will support macOS 11 (Big Sur) but only on Intel-based Macs, and not on the Apple Silicon (M1) processors.
- Support for Infovox iVox will end on 31 August 2021.
- Installed Infovox iVox voices will remain active/usable on current software/hardware combinations as long as possible, allowing users to re-install their voices on compatible macOS versions.